What is Skin Packaging ?
When vacuum skin packaging the product is placed onto a pre-formed tray. The special skin film is then placed over the product and vacuum applied to evacuate the air. After evacuation, the top film which has specific skinning properties, wraps around the contours of the product and seals to the pre-formed tray.
- Fresh and processed meat products
- Fish and Seafood
- Attractive presentation
- Vertical display possible optimising shelf space
- Extended shelf life compared to standard MAP packaging
- Greater product safety by minimising possible leakage
- Perfectly contoured upper film presents high quality products to their best advantage
- Reduction in packaging weight
- Full flexibility with Vortech Tray Sealers with Skin Packaging application